LOCKHEED MARTIN QUEST®
Updated January 30, 2024
Lockheed Martin Corporation (“Lockheed Martin” or the “Company”) processes your Personal Information or Personal Data (hereinafter referred to as “PI”) to manage LOCKHEED MARTIN QUEST® programs in accordance with local data protection laws as applicable, and as described in more detail below.
Definitions and Scope
- Lockheed Martin Code Quest®, a competitive programming event for high school students,
- Lockheed Martin CYBERQUEST®, a competitive cybersecurity event for high school students, and
- Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy, an online platform providing educational resources and programming challenges.
When a section title specifies one or more programs, that section pertains solely to the programs identified. When a section title does not specify any programs, that section pertains to all programs within the LOCKHEED MARTIN QUEST® organization.
Categories of Personal Information - Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy
The categories of data that may be collected and processed for the purposes of the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program include but are not limited to the following:
|Category of Personal Information
|Further Information About the Category
|First Name, Last Name/Surname, Email Address
|Program Enrollment Information
|Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy classes in which the participant is enrolled, Coding Performance on this website
Participants in Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy should not provide or include any additional PI beyond what is requested. PI is collected directly from individuals participating in the program on an opt-in basis strictly for the purposes of using the program website. No PI is collected directly from schools, school districts, or educational programs.
Categories of Personal Information - Lockheed Martin Code Quest® and Lockheed Martin CYBERQUEST®
The categories of data that may be collected and processed for the purposes of the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® and Lockheed Martin CYBERQUEST® programs include but are not limited to the following:
|Category of Personal Information
|Further Information About the Category
|Student Registration Information
|First Name, Last Name/Surname, Birthdate
|Coach Registration Information
|First Name, Last Name/Surname, Birthdate, Email Address, Phone Number, School Details
|On-Site Visitation Details (collected for Students and Coaches, but only if visiting a Lockheed Martin site)
|Citizenship Status, Green Card Status, Passport Number, Passport Country, Passport Expiration, Country of Birth
Participants should not provide or include any additional PI beyond what is requested. PI is collected directly from individuals registering teams for either program strictly for the purposes of preparing the competitive events and allowing visitation to a Lockheed Martin site (as applicable). Student information is collected from the Coach completing the team registration.
Access to Data - Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy
Some limited PI collected for the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program, including full name and coding performance, may be displayed to other users in support of mentoring and review of participant's work. This information is shared by participants on an opt-in basis, and participants can revoke access at any time. See the Deletion of Personal Information section for additional details.
If you wish to access your Program Enrollment PI that is processed by Lockheed Martin for the purposes of managing the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program, please contact the Lockheed Martin Code Quest®Academy program organiser at email@example.com.
Access to Data - Lockheed Martin Code Quest® and Lockheed Martin CYBERQUEST®
PI collected for Lockheed Martin Code Quest® and Lockheed Martin CYBERQUEST® is provided to the Lockheed Martin Security Office for the purpose of vetting persons who wish to attend competitive events hosted at Lockheed Martin facilities. PI is also reviewed by authorized Lockheed Martin employees for the purposes of validating registration information.
If you wish to access your Registration or On-Site Visitation PI processed by Lockheed Martin, please contact the Lockheed Martin Corporate Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company maintains reasonable precautions, including appropriate technical and organizational security measures, policies, and procedures to protect PI from accidental loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. If you have questions about how Lockheed Martin protects your PI, contact the Lockheed Martin Corporate Privacy Office at email@example.com.
Lockheed Martin will not transfer or disclose your PI to others except for the corporation's storage service provider, where required by law, or to the company's talent management team if you elect to be considered for internships. Data collected as part of this event may be transferred and stored on servers in the United States. Lockheed Martin will take appropriate steps to ensure that transfers of PI are in accordance with applicable law and carefully managed to protect your privacy rights and interests. To this end, we ensure that transfers within the Company will be covered by an agreement entered into by members of Lockheed Martin (an intra-group agreement) which contractually obliges each member to ensure that PI receives an adequate and consistent level of protection wherever it is transferred within the Company.
Children's Personal Information
When the Company collects PI from or about children, it will only use that information for the express purpose for which the PI was collected (see the Purpose of Processing section of this notice). The PI will not be used for any other purpose.
The Company only collects as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in, and manage, the LOCKHEED MARTIN QUEST® programs, and it does not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more PI than is reasonably necessary.
The Company does not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's PI other than as described in this Privacy Notice.
The Company may disclose aggregated information about the LOCKHEED MARTIN QUEST® programs. In addition, the Company may disclose children's PI:
- To third parties the Company uses to support the internal operations of the LOCKHEED MARTIN QUEST® programs, including but not limited to any cloud storage service providers who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If the Company is required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If the Company believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lockheed Martin, our customers. or others, including to:
- Protect the safety of a child, or
- Enable the Company to take precautions against liability
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
At any time, you may review the child's PI maintained by the Company, request correction or deletion of the PI, and/or refuse to permit the Company from further collecting or using the child's information.
If you are a resident of California as defined in the California Code of Regulations (18 CCR § 17014), you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") and the California Privacy Rights Act ("CPRA"), collectively, "California Privacy Law."
Effective January 1, 2023, the California Privacy Law allows California residents to requrest: access to their personal information in a portable and readily usable form; disclosure of the specific categories of, and sources for, personal information that the company has collected about you; the business or commercial purposes for collecting the personal information; the categories of third parties with which the information was shared; and, deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
You must verify your identity before we will fulfill your request. As a part of this verification process, government identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Privacy Law on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney and the requester's valid government-issued identification.
You have the right to make a request two times in a 12-month period, free of charge. We will respond within 45 days of receiving your request, unless we request an extension. In the event a 45-day extension is needed, we will notify you of the extension within the initial 45-day period.
Upon validation of the identity and confirmation of California residency, in response to a valid access (right to know) request, Lockheed Martin will generally provide:
- The categories of PI that Lockheed Martin has collected about the data subject;
- The categories of sources from which Lockheed Martin has collected the PI;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing PI;
- The categories of third parties to whom Lockheed Martin discloses PI;
- The specific pieces of PI that Lockheed Martin has collected from or about the data subject.
Lockheed Martin may apply any exceptions or other conditions available under law when responding to any access (right to know) requests, corrections, deletions, or other requests.
Lockheed Martin, generally, does not engage in:
- The "sale" or "sharing" of California PI, except with respect to the potential limited data processing activities on the web and internet sites for online advertising and marketing. Where such sale or sharing occurs, Lockheed Martin will post suitable "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" links on homepages and provide suitable means for users to opt-out of such sale. Lockheed Martin will ensure that opt-in consent will be gathered if and where applicable for children under the age of sixteen years old;
- Providing financial incentives for the disclosure of California PI; and
- Any use or disclosure of sensitive PI except as necessary to provide benefit services or as otherwise permitted by California Privacy Law to comply with federal, state, or local laws.
As defined by California's "Shine the Light Law," California residents may annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. Lockheed Martin does not sell or share your personal information with other businesses for direct marketing.
Europe and United Kingdom Participants
If you are located in the European Union or United Kingdom, we will only collect, use, and share your PI where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do so. This may be because:
- You have consented to us using the PI,
- Use of your PI is in the legitimate interest of you and the Company,
- Use of your PI is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, or
- Use of your PI is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have,
If you would like to find out more about the legal basis for which we process PI, please contact the Lockheed Martin Corporate Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lockheed Martin Corporation complies with the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (EU-U.S. DPF) and the UK Extension to the EU-U.S. DPF. As set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce, Lockheed Martin Corporation has certified adherence to the EU-U.S. DPF Principles and UK Extension with respect to the processing of personal data received from the European Union (EU) and United Kingdom (UK).
In the event of a conflict between the terms of this privacy notice and the EU-U.S. DPF and/or the UK Extension, the respective framework Principles will govern. To learn more about the EU-U.S. DPF and Lockheed Martin's certification, please visit the DPF program site or Lockheed Martin certification page.
You have a right to contact us at email@example.com for more information about the safeguards we have put in place to ensure the adequate protection of your personal data when it is transferred as mentioned in the section "Transfers, Disclosures" above.
As an individual located in the European Union or United Kingdom, subject to certain exemptions and in some cases dependent upon the processing activity we are undertaking, you have certain rights in relation to your PI. Upon validation of your identity and for security purposes, you have a right to the following:
- To access PI, as noted in the "Access to Data" sections above (with respect to Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy or our competitions)
- To rectify or erase PI
- To restrict the processing of your PI
- To transfer your PI
- To object to the processing of PI
- To object to how we use your PI for direct marketing purposes
- To not be subjected to automated decision-making
- To obtain a copy of personal data safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction as noted in the section "Transfers, Disclosures" above
- To lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You can exercise your rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honor your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfill your request.
Users in Australia can contact us to discuss any concerns or you may choose to complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
If you prefer to reach out to our support team, feel free to contact us!