Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy
Updated May 12, 2023
Lockheed Martin Corporation ("Lockheed Martin" or the "Company") processes your personal information (PI) to manage the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program in accordance with local data protection laws as applicable, and as described in more detail below.
Categories of Personal Information
The categories of data collected and processed include but are not limited to the following:
|Category of Personal Information||Further Information About the Category|
|Contact Information||Full name, email address|
|Program Enrollment Information||Classes in which the participant is enrolled, coding performance|
Participants should not include any additional personal information in their source code.
Access to Data
Some limited personal information like full name and coding performance may be displayed to other users in support of mentoring and review of a participant's work. Participants can revoke access at any time. See the Deletion of Personal Information section below for additional details.
If you wish to access your personal information that is processed by Lockheed Martin please contact the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program organizer at email@example.com.
Purpose of Processing
Your personal information is processed for the purpose of managing the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program including:
- Communicating information with you about the program
- Enabling support from mentors and teachers on an opt-in basis
The Company maintains reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. If you have questions about how Lockheed Martin protects your personal information, contact the Lockheed Martin Corporate Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lockheed Martin will retain your personal information for a period not exceeding 30-days after last login.
Deletion of Personal Information
If you require your personal information to be deleted prior to the retention period, please contact the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program organizer at email@example.com or the Lockheed Martin Corporate Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lockheed Martin will not transfer or disclose your personal information to others except for the corporations' storage service provider, where required by law, or to the company's talent management team if you elect to be considered for internships. Data collected as part of this event may be transferred and stored on servers in the United States.
Children's Personal Information
When the Company collects personal information from children, it will only use that information for the express purpose for which the personal information was collected (see the "Purpose of Processing" section of this notice). The personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
The Company only collects as much information about a child as is reasonably necessary for the child to participate in, and manage, the Lockheed Martin Code Quest®Academy program, and it does not condition his or her participation on the disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary.
The Company does not share, sell, rent, or transfer children's personal information other than as described in this section.
The Company may disclose aggregated information about the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program. In addition, the Company may disclose children's personal information:
- To third parties the Company uses to support the internal operations of the Lockheed Martin Code Quest® Academy program, including but not limited to any cloud storage service providers who are bound by contractual or other obligations to use the information only for such purpose and to keep the information confidential.
- If the Company is required to do so by law or legal process, such as to comply with any court order or subpoena or to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If the Company believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Lockheed Martin, our customers. or others, including to:
- Protect the safety of a child, or
- Enable the Company to take precautions against liability
- To law enforcement agencies or for an investigation related to public safety.
At any time, you may review the child's personal information maintained by the Company, require it to correct or delete the personal information, and/or refuse to permit the Company from further collecting or using the child's information.
If you are a resident of California as defined in the California Code of Regulations (18 CCR § 17014), you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA") and the California Privacy Rights Act ("CPRA"), collectively, "California Privacy Law."
Effective January 1, 2023, the California Privacy Law allows California residents to requrest: access to their personal information in a portable and readily usable form; disclosure of the specific categories of, and sources for, personal information that the company has collected about you; the business or commercial purposes for collecting the personal information; the categories of third parties with which the information was shared; and, deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions.
You must verify your identity before we will fulfill your request. As a part of this verification process, government identification may be required. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the California Privacy Law on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney and the requester's valid government-issued identification.
You have the right to make a request two times in a 12-month period, free of charge. We will respond within 45 days of receiving your request, unless we request an extension. In the event a 45-day extension is needed, we will notify you of the extension within the initial 45-day period.
Upon validation of the identity and confirmation of California residency, in response to a valid access (right to know) request, Lockheed Martin will generally provide:
- The categories of PI that Lockheed Martin has collected about the data subject;
- The categories of sources from which Lockheed Martin has collected the PI;
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting, selling, or sharing PI;
- The categories of third parties to whom Lockheed Martin discloses PI;
- The specific pieces of PI that Lockheed Martin has collected from or about the data subject.
Lockheed Martin may apply any exceptions or other conditions available under law when responding to any access (right to know) requests, corrections, deletions, or other requests.
Lockheed Martin, generally, does not engage in:
- The "sale" or "sharing" of California PI, except with respect to the potential limited data processing activities on the web and internet sites for online advertising and marketing. Where such sale or sharing occurs, Lockheed Martin will post suitable "Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information" links on homepages and provide suitable means for users to opt-out of such sale. Lockheed Martin will ensure that opt-in consent will be gathered if and where applicable for children under the age of sixteen years old;
- Providing financial incentives for the disclosure of California PI; and
- Any use or disclosure of sensitive PI except as necessary to provide benefit services or as otherwise permitted by California Privacy Law to comply with federal, state, or local laws.
As defined by California's "Shine the Light Law," California residents may annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third-parties for direct marketing use within the prior calendar year. Lockheed Martin does not sell or share your personal information with other businesses for direct marketing.
If you prefer to reach out to our support team, feel free to contact us!